Your actions can impact your baby's growth at this stage
Position Matters III
Sitting on a Ball
It is easy and comfortable, just like sitting on any chair. The benefit of the ball is that it is much more flexible on your bottom and allows more movement in your pelvis. Besides, it frees your back for a massage. Other benefits include:
- Wide variety of uses in labor and birth
- When used in sitting positions, gravity helps the baby descend
- Encourages movement in mother
Sitting on a Chair backwards
Place a pillow over the back of the chair and lean onto it. This position allows you to open your legs and stretch as well being upright. Other benefits include:
- Use of gravity helps labor progress
- Your legs get to rest
- You get to have back massage from your supporters
An Upright position for Giving Birth
- An upright position will help use gravity to ease and speed the birth process. The most commonly used positions for birth include: squatting, hands and knees and sitting, leaning forward.
- Each of these positions helps to use your body to the fullest.
- These positions also feel better for many women versus reclining ones.
- The position you choose can actually help prevent complications or interventions such as episiotomy.