Why exercise is considered unsuitable for some pregnant women?
Exercise in general should be avoided if your pregnancy
is considered 'high risk'. How to find out on this is
simple - get your doctor’s assessment before you start
on any form of exercise activity. If you have any of
the following conditions your pregnancy is not a low-risk
one and therefore it is best you avoid exercise:
• A history of 2-3 miscarriages.
• Presence of medical concerns such as diabetes,
respiratory problems, high BP or hypertension related
• A history of premature labor.
• You have either very low body fat or are very
• A history of heart disease.
• You suffer from anemia.
• You have injury relating to the back or joints
• You have a multiple pregnancy. Get yourself
checked intermittently to see if you can exercise since
in some instances health changes tend to occur during
the course of pregnancy.